Rules for Online Testing
Prior to taking your exam:
- Make sure that you are alone in the room* and in a location where you won't be interrupted.
- Turn off all mobile devices, smartwatches, phones, etc. - Do not use them during your exam.
- Clear your desk of all external materials: books, papers, other electronic devices.
- Remove headphones, earbuds, hoods, caps, hats, sunglasses, and any item that may cover your face.
*This excludes students testing in a computer lab on campus since there are multiple workstations in the same room.
Once you start your exam:
- Your session will be recorded and viewed by your instructor; good video etiquette is required. (Please wear appropriate clothing)
- Make sure you are visible on the webcam and perform a complete scan of your desk and surrounding area during the webcam environment check.
- Keep surrounding noise to a minimum.
- Follow your professor's exam instructions to determine if resources are permitted.
- Keep paper shuffling and pencil tapping to a minimum.
- Do not use profane language and extend the same courtesy and respect to the instructor that you would in the classroom.
- You must not leave your computer or get up for any reason during the exam.
- LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted.
Violation of any of the rules above may result in disqualification of the exam submission and disciplinary action.